Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm Back after a long Hiatus !

A LOT has transpired since my last update.

1. I had an amazing summer in NYC working at this internship in the BX as an instructor and administrative intern.

2. I was able to do a lot of self reflection, unfortunately I felt so exhausted from the long summer & it was difficult for me to rebound when school began in September.

Now, I am a sophomore -- def not your most exciting year in college. So far it's been filled with a number of ups and downs. Academically, interesting to say the least. I was definitely battling with concentration decisions and I finally decided on sociology which is cool but I do wish that my school had better options for concentrations.

Personally, I have made significant strides. I am quickly coming into my own and understanding myself and how I operate. Things I used to make excuses for now make sense to me. For example, some people may mistake me for being self-absorbed because I'm terribly awful with communication ( in terms of everything outside of face to face interaction), I have deduced that is not the case. I am just very self conscious and I am often trying to make myself better or focus on things that I should be doing before burdening others with the details of my life. I like to straighten things out with myself first; perhaps because I like to have my ish together at all times TYPE A PERSONALITY. The only difficulty comes with my lack of organization, it affects me and it works hand in hand with super short attention span. I guess I'm rambling but the basics are that I am super self aware and I can tell you my problems before you even have the chance to criticize me about it.

Unfortunately, I have not had time for leisure anything. Writing and reading for me is usually really therapeutic but it is hard for me to focus on anything when I have so much on my mind all the time. Sometimes I wish I could filter things out so I don't drive myself crazy all the time.

I have a lot of plans for this semester & the following one. I really want to do something important. Once I iron out the details, I'll be able to share it with the world.

Well, it's been great writing after so long. I have a lot of things on my mind ( much more than I wrote down) & the truth is I don't even know when I will have the time to do this consistently. I hope I can tho because I actually just feel soo much better. Alright, out.


Such is Life.
           A.

No comments:

Post a Comment