Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Biggest Flaw...

I get so...immersed in my old world, i forget that there are people who are living too. 
I wish I could take away her pain, she's been through way too much. She is a true survivor of life, she is the strongest person I know. & I don't think I tell her this enough. Being apart of my life, she has inevitably  rubbed her confidence off on me, has made me a stronger person and a better person. I do not want her to ever forget that God only challenges the people that he thinks are strong enough to make it. I know I am not. And through it all, she moves on.

I just want to take the time to seriously and genuinely reveal that we lost an amazing man today. The irony, or the blessing that it happened to fall on Valentines Day, the day of love. Although it sucks that he was taken away from us on such a day, in the future when we think of love, we will think of him. Unconditional Love. He was an amazing father, person and friend of mine. I remember the first time I met him. It was after I met my best friend in acting class. He picked her up when class was over around 9pm. I didn't have a ride. He didn't want me to take the train by myself, so he dropped me off home every single day. From Manhattan to my home in Queens at least an hour ride, and then back to his home in Brooklyn. And he worked, plenty of jobs, but it was never even a question, never a hesitation, there are few genuine people out there. He would talk to me and my best friend (his daughter) about his past, some stories seemed rather far-fetched and somewhat unbelievable, but I've learned that with this family anything is possible. He told me about the days when 42nd street was a dangerous place to be: hookers, drug dealers, you name it. He told me about the days he used to be in commercials and how he had a passion for acting until reality settled in. Most of all, I remember his face. The slight smirk on the right side of his grin that pretty much summed up his character; his love for life. And even when he had very little, he was never hesitant to give back, he lived his life like a rock star. He passed on invaluable knowledge to his lovely daughter, as both her mother and her father. And I remember her telling me about how much he annoyed her sometimes...but then she would laugh and say "but i love my dad." And it's true. That love is so genuine a bond. I know they say a child is closer to her mother, but he was her everything and he still is. But one things for certain, he left his mark on this world. He colored the world with his energy and he seriously had soo much love to give, for everybody, to everyone. And so although he wasn't a perfect man, as none of us are, he was a really amazing and irreplaceable soul and so if there exists a heaven in the after-life, may his soul rest there in peace. In peace that he changed my world, his daughter's and everyone he has ever met. 

RIP AL WEST- I will love you forever and never forget you. Although I didn't see you everyday, I have nothing but positive memories to remind me of you.

Addy.

No comments:

Post a Comment