Monday, February 15, 2010

We are all scared

Essentially none of us know exactly why things work the way they work, or happen the way they do. We are all scared and as pattern seeking beings, we feel it is up to us to connect the dots, to tie the loose strings, to find reasons as to why things happen. Some of us attribute life's occurrences to the grand design, some of us think that a mere scientific investigation could give us concrete explanations for almost everything, frankly i have no idea. All I know is that most of my greatest accomplishments have come out of adversity. And though I am not advocating pain of any sort, I am stressing that we can't get so mad about things that are beyond our control, but we can control the things we get mad about. Under no circumstance or measure is life fair, and I know it's cliche to suggest looking at someone else's situations to realize and appreciate your life (no matter how imperfect), but seriously I urge you to do so. I've seen too much shit out there for me to ever question why my life is the way it is. I couldn't tell you why people are fucked up or why they do fucked up things, but I can make sure that I am not one of them. So although a lot of things in regards to life are far beyond my control, I am and I will continue to be responsible for actions and hold myself accountable to my beliefs. I personally, do not live in fear of the after life, but I live in gratitude of my current.

addy

No comments:

Post a Comment